|Read more about this design and artist on our Adventure Time Design Contest page: contest.welovefine.com/contest…|
About The Contest:
Shovel Knight might be a small knight but he is always honest and helpful, and a shining example of the code of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly! Shovel Knight has two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and save his lost beloved. Your goal is to create a unique tee-shirt design worthy of a knight! Please be creative! We want to see your takes on all our favorite Shovel Knight characters. Be inspired by the game! If you choose to accept this quest you could win up to $1500!
Yacht Club Games: Yacht Club Games is a game development studio dedicated to bridging the gap between retro and modern game sensibilities. Our first game is Shovel Knight!
Colin Moriarty: Colin Moriarty is Senior Editor of IGN, the world's biggest gaming website, co-founder of The GameOverGreggy YouTube channel, and a bona fide old-school gamer. His favorite game of all-time is Mega Man 3. Follow him on Twitter, if you dare.
ThinkGeek: ThinkGeek started as an idea. A simple idea to create and sell stuff that would appeal to the thousands of people out there who were on the front line and in the trenches as the Internet was forged. ThinkGeek started as a way to serve a market that was passionate about technology, from programmers, engineers, students, lovers of open source, to the masses that helped create the behind-the-scenes Internet culture.
DOs and DON'Ts
1. Do: Use logos that can be found within the game!
2. Do: Make something original. Research to make sure your idea isn't already out there.
3. Do: Ask questions!! But please review our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) first BEFORE you email. Most likely, your question can be immediately answered through there instead.
4. Do: Have fun and be creative!
5. Don't: Submit images or pictures from the game. Please create your own art! Please also DO NOT CREATE your own characters for the game. Only Characters from within the game are allowed.
6. Don't: Try not to use the Shovel Knight logo. We want to keep this within the story universe, so submit designs that would be within that world
7. Don't: Submit similar versions of the same design. Sometimes people submit the same design, but with small changes. This will only divide your votes and hurt your chances of winning.
8. Don't use any copyrighted or inappropriate materials. They will NOT get approved
FAQ - To see our full set of Contest FAQ, please click here.
Q: The submission kit is not downloading. I need help!
A: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We should be able to send you one directly. Or try clicking here to see if it will directly download for you
Q: I want to read the full set of rules and guidelines before I start drawing or submitting. Where can I get that?
A: Please go to "Submit Your Design". At the bottom of that page, there will be a hyperlink in Teal and bolded labeled as TOS. Click that for the FULL SET of rules. We highly advise contestants to read through that BEFORE they submit.
Q: How many designs can I submit?
A: You may submit up to 5 entries per person
Q: What file format do you accept?
A: All entries must be in one of the following file formats: GIF/PNG/JPG
Q: If I am a finalist, how large does my high-res art need to be?
A: We reccomend that your file is done 15in by 19in at 300 dpi or as close to it as your art program can handle. If your artwork is too small, it won't work on a tee-shirt and it can hurt your chances of winning.
Q: Is it ok for me to promote my designs to people I know to come and help rate my designs?
A: We encourage every artist submitting to the contest to promote themselves and their designs to friends, family and followers. Through our experience we have found that more ratings help determine what the fans really want as your winners! So please promote yourselves!
Q: It’s been more than 2 business days and I don't see my design on the site. What’s going on with my design?
A: We review every submission we get before they are made live for viewing and rating. We sometimes reject designs for obvious reasons. If you’ve done any of the following don’t even bother asking why your design was rejected.
- Your design has inappropriate materials.
- Your design uses other copy righted material. This means you are using other people’s intellectual property in your design you do not have the right to. NO MASH UPS!!!
- It’s not a design. A direct photograph or a scribble you just drew on a piece of paper is not considered a shirt design.
Q: I see people cheating. What should I do?
A: Please email email@example.com detailing what you are suspecting. More details you can give the better we can make our decision.
Q: I need help with my design / I entered in something incorrect / I pushed submit too fast / etc, can you help me?
A: YES!!! But before you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please have the below info ready. We have multiple contests going on at once, and it's hard to help you when all you say is "I need help on my entry". Please advise: NAME OF CONTEST / NAME OF YOUR DESIGN / NAME OR EMAIL IT WAS SUBMITTED UNDER when emailing us. That will greatly help. Please also detail what you need, and I can correct for you. Without the information above, it is not helpful to us to help you out. Right?